a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Pinterest Recipe Test: One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta

A few weeks ago, I decided that I needed to start actually making some of the recipes that I pin rather than just pinning and forgetting about them. The first recipe was a total hit so I was pretty excited to make the next one.

One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta

Ingredients
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, sliced
1 tbsp minced onions {or 1 cup diced onions if you want the real deal}
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups chicken broth
1 {10oz} can of Rotel
1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
8oz dry pasta
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese

Directions
1. Add olive oil, sliced sausage, and onions to a pot over medium high heat. Cook until sausage is lightly browned.
2. Add garlic & cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add chicken broth, Rotel, milk, pasta, salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper.
4. Bring to a boil then cover & let it simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
5. Add in the cheese & stir.
6. Serve & enjoy!



Y'all.

Let me tell you what I loved about this recipe.

It really is just a one pot recipe.
It was ready in under 30 minutes - prep & cooking time included.
It was cheesy, creamy, and delicious.
Most of the ingredients {outside of the cheese} are things that I always have stocked in my pantry & fridge.
& holy cow the leftovers are even better!

I am 2 for 2 on Pinterest Recipe Tests so far... now I'm off to find what my next recipe is going to be!

3 comments

  1. I finally had to make a "Pinned and actually did board" to keep track of what I was actually doing outside of pinning it... I've been finding so many of these one pot recipes on there, I need to try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! That looks so dang good, and I swear that cheese makes everything better (as do one-pot recipes!) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy!!!!! I make something similar to this but I brown the sausage in olive and Merlot before cooking.

    New follower, love your blog so far!!!

    Brianna
    Follow along: keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...