a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Pinterest Recipe Test: Fiesta Chicken

I've decided that instead of just pinning all the recipes that look simple and delicious that I need to start actually cooking some of these for dinner. I owed my friend Stephen a dinner for helping me out when my car battery died the other week so I figured that I'd pick any easy crock pot recipe. First up?

Fiesta Chicken


Ingredients
1 pkg of Chicken Breasts (3)*
1 jar of salsa
Chicken Stock
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese

*I used a whole pack of 3 chicken breasts, so if you're using just 2, you might want to stick with the original recipe as far as measurements

Directions
1. Add 1 cup of chicken stock, 2/3 a jar of salsa, and 1 packet of taco seasoning to crock pot & mix well.
2. Place chicken in the crock pot.
3. Cut up 6oz of cream cheese into little cubes & add to the crock pot.
4. Cover & cook on low for 5-6 hours.
5. Coarsely shred the chicken with a fork & add back to the crock pot, mixing well to get the melted cream cheese combined in.
6. Cook on low for an additional 30 min.
7. Enjoy!



Like the original blogger, I served mine over rice.

Let me tell you what... once I put everything on my plate to eat, it was a hot mess. I didn't take a picture of it because the original post has a much better picture of the final product.

This recipe is going to be one that I make a LOT. It's easy, requires ingredients that I normally have on hand {you can even throw the chicken in frozen}, and it was awesome! We both had seconds and were stuffed afterwards. I absolutely recommend this recipe!

2 comments

  1. Yum! I'm going to have to try that! I love mexican and I love an easy recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I wonder if it would be good without cream cheese? I'm lactose intolerant so I try to avoid dairy as much as possible ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...