a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Recipe: Crockpot White Chicken Chili

The perfect Sunday for me in the fall goes a little something like this:
 
Wake up
Go to church
Grab some brunch
Grocery Store
Throw something in the crockpot
Lay on the couch and watch NLF games on TV for the remainder of the day
{preferably with a porch door wide open to the cool air outside}
 
I have a few recipes that I like to throw in the crockpot when I am able to have afternoons like this, but I think my favorite might be White Chicken Chili. I've posted this recipe here before but it's worth sharing a second time...
 
Crockpot White Chicken Chili


Ingredients
1 package of chicken
4 cups of chicken broth
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes {if you like it hot! otherwise, leave these out}
3 cans great northern beans, rinsed & drained
1 jalapeno pepper, diced {I used 2}
Mexican cheese blend*
Sour cream*
Cilantro*
*optional ingredients
 
Directions
1. Add your chicken broth, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, and salt to your crock pot. Stir everything up.
2. Add in the chicken {make sure it's covered - add more chicken broth if necessary} and cook on low until chicken is done, about 4-5 hours.
3. Shred chicken and add back to the crockpot with the great northern beans and jalapeno pepper. Cook on high for 15-20 minutes.
4. Serve with shredded Mexican cheese blend, sour cream, and/or cilantro.
5. Enjoy!


Cannot wait for this on Sunday!

3 comments

  1. sold! i am definitely making this. 100% will not use jalapeno or pepper flakes hahaha. i'm boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I might make this Sunday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy!!!! And I loveee a good crock pot recipe :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...