a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Asheville: The Grove Park Inn & The Biltmore at Night

One thing that was non-negotiable about our trip to Asheville was to visit The Grove Park Inn at sunset. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I've recently become a little bit obsessed with sunsets... and seeing the sunset over the mountains? Yeah. That had to happen.



We couldn't have planned it better if we tried.

We arrived at The Grove Park Inn just as the sun was sinking down over the mountains. It was gorgeous and of course, sunset pictures never really do the sunset justice. Just trust me. You need to go see the sunset at Grove Park at some point in your life. Worth it.



Back inside, we decided that we wanted to grab a drink and a couple of appetizers before heading to The Biltmore. The hostesses sat us in two super comfy chairs directly in front of the fireplace where our waiter took this fantastic picture.



I'm not sure why I handed the waiter my phone rather than my real camera, but oh well. Still a fantastic picture :)


The evening kept getting better though.

They had hush puppies on the menu and they were the best hush puppies I have ever had. I'm big on dipping my hush puppies into butter but butter was not an option here. Instead... they had warm pimento cheese. Pimento cheese?! Heaven on a plate.



There was also a pretzel roll thing with a beer cheese dip, but I was way too focused on the hush puppies to pay that one much attention. I hear it was good though.



We headed from Grove Park to The Biltmore for our candlelight tour.

I'd love to show you pictures from there but it's illegal or something to take pictures inside. It was killing me not to be able to take pictures somewhere but it gave me plenty of time to listen to my audio set and be freaked out by the indoor pool. Pools don't belong inside a house people, they just don't.

The Biltmore is absolutely gorgeous when it is lit up for Christmas! It's spectacular. I attempted to get a picture at the end of the night, using the back of Patrick's truck as a tripod and well... no. That doesn't quite work, especially when Patrick jumps in the picture without me noticing.


It's also pretty fantastic during the day time, too.


... and you'll see more of that tomorrow because apparently it's Asheville week on the blog.

11 comments

  1. Love, love, love. I used to visit the Grove Park Inn with my grandparents...such an amazing place!! Next time I go hush puppies are definitely on the to do list! Loving your review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a hush puppy but they look amazing! and what gorgeous photos, now I want to see a sunset over some pretty mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Those hush puppies are gigantic! YUM!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea - Grove Park Inn + Biltmore!! I love both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to go to the Grove Park Inn a lot when I was little. Beautiful place - would LOVE to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sunset is absolutely beautiful!! Isn't that fireplace so cozy with all the little rocking chairs? Probably my favorite hotel ever. Glad you guys had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...so many beautiful pictures! Love the pic of you two by the fireplace...so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made an Asheville trip about this time last year and this post has me wanting to go back! It's such a neat place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous you got an incredible sunset at Grove Park Inn! I was there in late September when the leaves had just started changing, but it was cloudy...so the mountains were gorgeous but we didn't see much sunset. :( The food was incredible though (we had dinner there) and I can't wait to blog about it soon!

    Also, The Biltmore candlelight Christmas tour is amazing! I went last year and am hoping to go this year too (I thought the indoor pool was so neat, but my favorite is definitely all the trees and the wine tasting!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even know what a hush puppies are, but they look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can not believe that I have never been to the biltmore. Every year it is on my bucket list and we never make it! Your pictures are beautiful girl. I love me some sunsets as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...