a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Trading in Beach Life for Reality

Have you ever had one of those moments where you take a step back, look around you, and think that it doesn't get much better than this?

I had one of those moments last night. It had been a perfect birthday weekend. Edisto, friends, family, Kiawah, sharks, alligators, dolphins, bike riding, beach time, and a birthday party for my dad & me. As our party was winding down, we decided to all walk down to the beach to check out the Super Moon. The moon finally rose & it was gorgeous. I sat there thinking about how great the weekend had been and how the only thing that could make it better would be seeing a mama loggerhead turtle for the first time.

I said so out loud & next thing I know, Patrick's nudging me going "Look! It's a sea turtle!"

I finally got to see my turtle!

I really don't want to leave.

Not only is my birthday officially over now but by this time tomorrow I will have already woken up at 5:30, gone to my Tuesday morning gym class, and arrived back at work. Oh boy.

I'm not quite ready to let go of my vacation just yet, so here's a quick photo recap of the last 11 days. There will be a couple more posts this week about specific things from my vacation where pictures alone do not tell enough of the story.

Here we go!



















Special thanks to everyone who guest blogged for me last week while I was soaking up the sun! It was nice to kick back & let others take over my blog for the week. Hope y'all enjoyed it, too!

Now... time to figure out how I can make this playing on Kiawah thing a permanent, well-paid gig... leaving this place might be one of my least favorite things to do.

2 comments

  1. leaving paradise is never fun. ugh! can't wait to read about all your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going back to reality is never fun. Looks like y'all had a great time at Kiawah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...