a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Pre - Johns Island 4th of July Cross Country Trail Run

Happy {early!} 4th of July!

Let the countdown begin... less than 8 hours to go until my vacation begins! I am beyond ready. Wanna know how I'm going to kick off my 11 day vacation?

With a 5K.

My last race was almost three months ago. I've only run three races in 2014 after knocking out 9 in 2013. But like I said, it's time to get my run on and I'm starting tomorrow morning with the Johns Island 4th of July Cross Country Trail Run.

Here's a recap of what happened last year {before the blog!} when I ran this race:

It rained for like three days straight leading up to the race.
The morning of the race was the first sunny day and it was hot.
Heat + lots of moisture in the air = humidity. A lot of it.


The race itself would have been amazing had it been a little less muddy and a lot less humid. There were parts of the race where you absolutely had to walk otherwise you were going to bust it in the mud. I was completely drenched in sweat by the end of the race because it was so humid and hot outside. Plus, the finish line wasn't well marked/roped off and I ended up stopping about 50 yards before the actual finish line... then had to start running again to finish the race.

I finished 89th out of 153 runners and 3rd in my age group.


Despite all of that, it's a small race, it's about 20 min from our house on Kiawah, and it's one of the least expensive races {at only $20} so I'm going to give this one another go this year. Although it looks like it's going to be another humid, muddy race...

Here's the music to keep me motivated & running the whole 3.1 miles:


Happy Thursday!

1 comment

  1. Good luck at the race, hope it's less muggy for you! Love that you're sharing your running playlist, I am always looking for new music, keep it coming please :) That KONGOS song is great, I need to check out that Boom Clap song. Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...