a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Fresh from the Farmer's Market: Grilled Corn on the Cob

The Farmer's Market is back in my life and I couldn't be happier about it. Last Friday, opening morning, I decided it was a fantastic idea to wake up a little extra early, drive clear across town, and hit up the market before going to work. Guess what? It was a fantastic idea. I also know that my parents {at least my mom} appreciated it, too.

That little trip even led to a five minute conversation on the phone with my brother about the spaghetti squash that I had purchased. I mentioned something to him on the phone about it Sunday night and he immediately was like "oh, how are you gonna cook it? oven or microwave?" What?! I couldn't believe that my brother knew what that was... turns out it's his roommates favorite thing to cook/eat. I also can't believe that I bought a spaghetti squash with the intentions of eating it... I'm curious as to how that little adventure will turn out.

Anyway.

While I do love going to the Farmer's Market just for the experience, I also looooove to cook all the fresh produce I've just purchased. Then I decided that hey, might as well share what I'm cooking each week with what I've bought so...

Grilled Corn on the Cob
{Credit goes to grill master Patrick for teaching me how to grill up some delicious corn!}

Ingredients
Corn on the cob {yellow/white is my favorite}
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions
1. Take the husks off the corn cobs, wash them, and then place them in a bowl of water to soak for about 20 minutes.
2. Tear off one square piece of tinfoil for each corn cob.
3. Place the corn on the tinfoil & form a little boat. Drizzle some olive oil over the corn & sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
4. Fold the ends of the tinfoil in and roll it up tight.
5. Place corn on the top rack of the grill for about 20 minutes, turning it halfway through.

Easy enough, right? Here's the picture illustration of what just happened:






My dad was grilling chicken at the same time the corn was grilling and he kept asking me how I knew when the corn was done. Um... ok, no secret to it. I just stick it on the grill and hope it's done when I take it off. This weekend it stayed on exactly as long as the chicken {20 min} and was cooked perfectly, so I'm going to assume that's a good time. Might take more or less depending on how hot the grill is. I know, I know, be a little more vague about the time right?

All I have to say about the corn is that my mom traded me the remainder of her chicken to have the extra piece of corn because it was that good. I'm thinking about adding some fresh garlic to the little tinfoil boat things too the next time I cook it... which, if my mom has anything to say about it, will be Friday night {after another pre-work trip to the market!}


4 comments

  1. Love this post! I love throwing corn on the cob on the grill, unfortunately we don't have one yet, so the trusty old oven will have to do for now. Sure I'll see you around the market one of these days haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO good! We just got a grill and make turkey burgers last night, so next time I'll obviously be adding corn to the mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, Chesson...this looks delicious! I can't wait to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you are speaking to my own heart on this one! I LOVE me some corn on the cob :-) Saving this recipe now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...