a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Unknown Brewery

Confession: I've never been to a brewery before.

That's not all that surprising considering that until this summer, I didn't drink beer. I didn't like it. I didn't want it. Pass the bottle of wine, please.

But ever since I started drinking beer, going to a brewery has been on my list of things to do. It just so happened that there was a brewery grand opening in Charlotte on a weekend that I was in town with no Clemson football to watch. Talk about perfect timing.

My friend Laurel, her fiancé Steven, and I ventured out to Unknown Brewing in Southend on Saturday to see what they were all about.



We showed up at prime time and had a hard time figuring out where we were supposed to go in, what lines were what, etc.

& the lines? Whoa were they long! We jumped in the back of one and it seemed like it took forever to get to the front to buy our beers.



The wait was absolutely worth it though! The beer of choice for me was the No Shame Wheat and it was so good. So, so, so delicious!


{none of my pictures make this place look crowded but I promise, it was packed}

{unimpressed with his pour}


We decided that after waiting such a long time for the first beers, that we might as well get back in line for the second beers. The reasoning was that we would probably be finished with our beers before getting back to the front.

Wrong.



So yes, No Shame Wheat Beer = Love

& no, I obviously do not drink beer fast enough because the whole "get back in line because it takes forever" plan completely backfired.

My first trip out to a brewery was completely worth it because I found a new beer that I like. Plus, it was a super cheap outing to only spend $10 ($5 per beer). I know that I'm going to be on the lookout for this one in bars around Charlotte and hoping that I find it somewhere soon!

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...