a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes

Let's talk about what all I contribute to the Thanksgiving dinner at my house:

Place Cards that I made 15 years ago
I mean, how else is everyone supposed to know where to sit after we got rid of the table under which I had written everyone's names at their appropriate seat?

Food for Thought
It always gets brought up how, because I'm such a picky eater, there is next to nothing on my plate when I get to the table. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and bread. Done.

Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes
& the best part is that I unnecessarily wear an apron while cooking them just because it's cute and monogrammed.

So, since I am linking up today with Caitlyn at Home Sweet Ruby, y'all might want a recipe for those potatoes...


Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients
1 5lb bag of red potatoes
1 (8oz) container of sour cream
1 stick of butter
Milk
Salt
Pepper
Sharp Cheese (shredded)

Directions
1. Wash, peel, and chop the entire bag of potatoes. Leave as much skin as possible on the potato.
2. Add potatoes, water, & salt to a pot on the stove and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for about 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Pour the entire pot into a strainer, let the water drain out, and return potatoes to the pot.
4. Add in sour cream & butter. Mash with a potato masher.
5. Add in salt & pepper to taste. Mash with a potato masher.
6. Add in a tiny bit of milk {no real measurement here... just a little bit!}
7. Spoon potatoes into an oven safe dish, top with the shredded cheese, and place in the oven on 350 until the cheese has melted.

& enjoy!


3 comments

  1. Yum!! I'm a huge mashed potato fan, and its one of the few things my picky husband eats on Thanksgiving too, so you're not alone! Thanks so much for joining the link-up! :) Also I'm pretty much obsessed with that monogrammed apron!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mashed potatoes but have never had red skinned ones before! I love that you leave the skin on too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...