a lifestyle, motherhood, & running blog

Search

Gettin' Wild at Zoofari

I'll go to Riverbanks Zoo any chance I can get.

Any.

One of the great things about Riverbanks Zoo is that it is constantly changing. They are always mixing things up, bringing in new animals, creating new exhibits, and hosting different events. It doesn't matter how often you go, you'll see something new or notice something different every time. 

I can't say enough good things about that zoo. Not that I'm biased or anything...

Last Friday night was Zoofari and for the first time ever, I was actually able to go. I might have taken quite a few pictures {who's surprised?}




 I'm going to go ahead and warn you that we were zipping all over the place. There were a lot of things going on that we totally missed out on because we were sampling food, drinking, or socializing.

One of the things we did get to do was go behind the scenes of the bear exhibit. There were two bears {names forgotten} and this is exactly how close we were to them. No zoom. What's up, Bear?

Fact: those things look so cute & cuddly and they look perfect to snuggle with. I'm not sure how well that'd work.
 Low Country Boil!
One of the signature drinks...

{Macaroni, BBQ sandwich, coleslaw, and a little container of baked beans}
{Live music}
{New area of the zoo... new signature drink}
1. Dresses are not the ideal choice when you want to ride a carousel.
2. I won't tell you which one of us got in trouble on this ride...
 CUTE!
This little guy isn't poisonous {?!} and will grow up to be about 4-6 ft. long.
 {Silent & Live Auction and desserts}
{Not the place to be... yet}




 Didn't actually try the wine... disappointed.
 {Silent Auction items}
 {Silent Auction items}
{Silent Auction items}

So... the giraffes at the zoo do not appreciate pictures with flashes at night. All of the ones that were hanging out with everyone, eating their eucalyptus leaves, disappeared as soon as I took this picture. At least I got to feed him before he left!  

The "head monkey" getting the auction started!

Man, if I had some money to go play with at the zoo, I would have loved to bid on some of the things they had. Brew at the Zoo package for you and your friends? Lights at the Zoo package for you and your friends? Big Cat Experience? Zip & Sip? {although mine would need to be Sip and then Zip...}

I got to live vicariously through the people at my table and the table next to us who decided to do some serious bidding. This guy kept up with them:

What a fun night!!


{Me, dad, mom, Becky, Satch, Dottie, & Dale}

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...